- If you’re baking then preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. (350 fahrenheit)
- Place the fish, butter beans, garlic, spring onions, olive oil, flour, parsley, ground cumin, paprika, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse until just combined.
- Shape into patties (should make between 4-6) and if you are opting for extra crispiness then place some breadcrumbs into a bowl and coat the fishcakes.
- I usually bake my fishcakes for a healthier alternative but you can shallow fry if you wish to.
- For baking: Line a baking tray with foil or baking paper and coat with a little oil so the fishcakes don’t stick (I use a spray which is a lot easier, and healthier ☺) place the fishcakes on the tray and bake for 15-18minutes.
- For frying: place a large non-stick frying pan with a little oil over a medium heat. Cook the fish cakes, in batches, adding more of the oil as necessary, for 3-4 minutes minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with some yummy green veg and tartar sauce. Perfection!